Free School Meals & Pupil Premium
Free School Meals
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
- Universal credit
All children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 qualify for free school meals, regardless of their family income, but only the children who would have qualified for free meals under the above income-based criteria will receive the pupil premium.
You can apply to Warwickshire here: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
Find out more here: www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they may also be entitled to a sum of money paid to their school to boost their learning callled Pupil Premium.
You can see the money that Discovery Academy receives for Pupil Premium and find out about how we spend it here.
If you want to talk to someone at the school for more information or help filling in the forms please contact the Family Footings team