Welcome to Discovery Academy!
Discovery is a specialist academy in Warwickshire for over 90 children and young people with an autism spectrum condition or an identified social, emotional or mental health need aged 9 – 19 years. Our overarching ambitions are to be:
- A place where everybody feels safe, valued and belongs
- A place with quality first provision
- A place that supports our pupils to be ready for life
We value children as individuals and offer a personalised approach to learning that combines:
- the nurturing approach of Early Years and Primary School
- the range of curriculum, specialist teachers and soecialist facilities of a Secondary School
- a close working relationship with families and other partners
Our building was refurbished especially for our pupils and is spacious and welcoming. Class sizes are small with a wide range of curriculum subjects on offer, off-site activities and access to a range of therapies. We have many pupils who join us with significant gaps in their school history and/or their learning and we are ambitious in helping them to close those gaps and achieve their very best outcomes.
We are always delighted to welcome interested families, local stakeholders, educational and health professionals or community representatives to look around the academy. For families interested in sending their child to Discovery Academy, the Admissions process is managed by the Local Authority whom we work closely with to get things right for every child and young person.
I hope that you find all the information you are looking for on the website. You can read more about our Values and Ethos and get a feel for what a Discovery day is like. Please do get in touch if you want to find out more.