MacIntyre Academies Trust
MacIntyre Academies is a multi-academy trust for special schools and specialist alternative provision. We have high aspirations for all children and young people and work in genuine partnership with families to develop ambitious learning programmes that lead to meaningful outcomes for each child. We have particular specialist expertise in autism, sensory and complex learning difficulties and behavioural support.
MacIntyre Academies Trust is founded on the following principles:
- All children and young people, regardless of disability or difficulty, have the same right to maximise their personal potential through the free access to great education
- Education can and should be a way of maximising equality of opportunity for all children and young people
- Our schools will encourage all pupils, regardless of level or complexity of learning difficulty or disability, to be ambitious for themselves and to be aspirational about their future hopes and dreams
- The learning experience for pupils will be outstanding: stimulating, engaging and highly tailored to the individual child
- Our schools will work with children and young people and families as partners to achieve good, pupil-centred outcomes to create the best foundation on which to build adult life
- Our schools will ensure that transitions in and out are pupil centred, expertly planned and facilitated by skilled practitioners
- We will recruit, continuously develop and retain a highly skilled workforce that delivers the best educational experience and outcomes
- Each school will be inextricably connected to their local areas acting as a community hub and building supportive links
- The Trust will encourage innovation and work in partnership with a wide range of experts to develop and implement best practice based on evidence based research, sharing our learning widely
- Each school will be entrepreneurial maximising the resources directly spent on education and delivering value for money
MacIntyre Academies Trust is sponsored by MacIntyre - a national charity providing support to
people with learning disabilities and autism for 50 years.